- 1 rack of spareribs (trimmed of fat and cut in half and separated into 'three rib' sections)
- 8-10 green chile roasted and peeled (canned if unavailable)
- 1 pound of pinto beans
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 8 ounce can chopped tomato
- salt & pepper
- 3 tablespoons green chile powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 tablespoon sugar or honey
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 corn tortilla finely chopped (This will help thicken stew)
Take a large pot of water and add spareribs. Simmer for one hour. After one hour remove ribs and reserve. Skim as much fat as possible from liquid. Add onion, beans tomato, tortilla and chile. Add all your spices except salt. Simmer for 1 hour or until beans are tender. When beans are tender add salt to taste. Remove meat from spareribs and chop. Add meat to beans mixture and simmer for 15 more minutes.
This Stew was served over rice. It is hearty enough to stand on its own. It even tasted better the next day. It is great to have friends for inspiration. Thankyou Reverend Biggles.