- 4 habanero peppers chopped. WARNING:(Be careful not to touch peppers)
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- 4 teaspoons allspice berries whole
- 4 cloves
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg and cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
Place your allspice berries and cloves on cutting board. Smash and pulverize with a rolling pin. (or use spice grinder). Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until thick paste is formed.
I used chicken thighs. You can use the white meat, but it tends to dry out.. Place in zip lock bag with marinade. Let sit in refrigerator for at least four hours.
Build a medium fire in your Weber. Close the vent to the halfway position. Cook over direct coals using the lid to contol any flare-ups. Cook chicken thighs until the juices run clear or reads 180 on instant read thermometer.
Serve over rice. This chicken tastes great the next day on a salad. Do not be scared of the Habanero.The cooking mellows the heat and brings out the flavor. Treat it with respect and you will be rewarded.