- 8 ounces of elbow noodles
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 4 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces processed American Cheese Cut into cubes (We like this stuff)
- 4 ounces blue cheese crumbled
- 2 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
- 1 1/2 cup of heavy cream or milk
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 onion minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon Chile powder (optional)
Cook your noodles as packages directs but cook 2 minutes less. Drain and reserve. Take a saute pan and melt your butter. Saute garlic and onions for aprox 5 minutes or until translucent. Add 1 tablespoon flour and cook for 2 minutes. Add cream and simmer until cream thickens slightly. Season with salt and pepper. Add all cheeses except Parmesan and melt. Combine noodles and cheese mixture and stir. Place this mixture in a buttered baking dish. Top with bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle chile powder over top. (Optional). Bake at 325 degree oven until bubbly and top is brown. (aprox 25 minutes).
The ribs were falling off the bone good. The macaroni and cheese embraced us into a stranglehold of comfort. These two dishes worked their magic wonderfully.